Bali has long been a popular tourist destination. From amazing beaches to natural wonders, Bali, also known as the Island of Gods, attracts millions of people to its shores every year. Steeped in spirituality and one of the best playgrounds for adventure-seekers, the island of Bali offers something for all kinds of travellers.
If you are planning on visiting this beautiful island, then apart from all the must-see places, we would recommend adding one essential item to your to-do list – buying a travel insurance Baliplan. In this article, we will discuss everything that you need to know about travel insurance for Bali and answer some common questions.
Table of Contents
Do I Need Travel Insurance for Bali?
Many international travellers ask this question because, in many countries, it is mandatory to have a travel insurance policy for travellers. However, there is no such rule in Bali. The immigration desk won’t ask you to return if you don’t have an insurance policy. Therefore, you can visit Bali without any travel or medical insurance plan.
However, the question is – should you?
The answer to that question is an emphatic YES. Here are some reasons why:
Why Should You Buy Travel Insurance For Bali?
- Bali Healthcare: With tourism being on the rise for many years, Bali has a developed healthcare system. You will find many private hospitals and clinics, especially in the south of the island. However, for Indian travellers, the cost of medical care can be steep. Without a travel medicalinsurance policy, managing these costs would be easy and hassle-free.
- Crime in Bali: While Bali is known to be safe for tourists, there have been reports of sexual assaults, drink spiking, drive-by bag snatching, and theft in the region. A travel insurance policy that offers protection against theft is recommended.
- Natural Disasters: There are two active volcanoes in Bali. Earthquakes are also common in the province. Make sure that your health insurance Bali plan includes coverage for natural disasters.
- Road accidents: Riding a bike is common in Bali. However, road accidents are common too. And usually, tourists are involved in these accidents. Hence, a travel insurance policy that offers protection from medical emergencies is a must.
Things to Look for in a Travel Insurance for Bali
Here are some things that you must look for in the holiday insurance Bali plan for Bali before signing the dotted line:
- Medical cover: Make sure that the insurance policy covers emergency accidents and sickness. This is important since hospital bills in Bali can dent your finances.
- Baggage and personal property cover: Usually, policies offer cover for luggage lost during flights. However, some insurers also offer protection for on-ground theft. Depending on what you are carrying, make sure that your travel policy offers maximum coverage.
- Emergency medevac: This is an essential part of your travel insurance plan. In the case of an emergency, if you had to be sent back to your country, then the policy should cover the costs.
- Trip cancellation: The travel insurance policy should cover trip cancellations for emergencies like sickness, death, natural disasters, pandemics, etc.
Important Information About Bali
Here is some important information about Bali:
- Indians don’t need a Visa to enter Bali if the trip is planned for less than 30 days
- Usually, travel insurance policies don’t cover dental treatments unless the dental issue is caused by accident. So makesure that you read the policy document carefully before making a decision.
- The Indian Embassy is located in Jakarta with the contact number +62 21 2522299.
- The Ngurah Rai International Airport or the Denpasar Airport (DPS) is the best way to reach Bali.
- The Indonesian Rupiah is the official currency of Bali. However, manybusinesses also accept the US Dollar.
Bali is one of the most popular destinations among Indians. This Indonesian island offers a range of options to travellers. However, as explained above, while Bali has the potential to offer a memorable experience, you need to be prepared for medical and non-medical emergencies. This is where you need Bali travel insurance in 2022. Make sure that you choose the buy best travel insurance online after comparing policies and considering your insurance requirements. If you are planning to travel with your family, then opt for a family travel insurancepolicy to get protection for your loved ones. Safe Travels.